"I will not answer to a person. I am answerable to parliament." Gilani

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said he was the Prime Minister of 180 million people and was only answerable to the Parliament.

"The prime minister... is answerable to parliament," Gilani told reporters in Vehari. "I will not answer to a person. I am answerable to parliament."

The premier said the President House has rejected the news item saying Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Ashfaq Pervez Kayani has demanded the clarification or withdrawal of the statement issued by him.

He added that it was important for Parliament and not the prime minister to complete the five-year term.

The prime minister did not comment on if Mansoor Ijaz had arrived in Pakistan.

PM Gilani last week criticized the Army Chief and the Director General of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lieutenant-General Ahmed Shuja Pasha for filing court papers in memogate case.

"What I said was not an accusation," he told reporters.

"We want there to be respect for the constitution, rule of law, and all institutions to work within their limits. I said just one thing, that rules and procedures were not followed. And that was the defence secretary's fault, for which we removed him from his post."

Tags:

Spell Bounder

I'm journalist in Pakistan,And working in this field about 20 years.