US Ambassador ‘grateful’ for families ‘generosity’

 US Ambassador in Pakistan, Cameron Munter on Wednesday said the families of the victims of the January 27 incident in Lahore have pardoned Raymond Davis.

According to a statement issued by US Embassy, Munter said: “I am grateful for their generosity. I wish to express, once again, my regret for the incident and my sorrow at the suffering it caused.” 

He confirmed that the United States Department of Justice had opened an investigation into the incident in Lahore. 

“I wish to express my respect for Pakistan and its people, and my thanks for their commitment to building our relationship, to everyone's benefit. Most of all, I wish to reaffirm the importance that America places in its relationship with Pakistan, and the commitment of the American people to work with their Pakistani counterparts to move ahead in ways that will benefit us all.”
 
Tags:

Spell Bounder

I'm journalist in Pakistan,And working in this field about 20 years.